East Brisbane State School, right next to the Gabba Stadium, is set to close if the government go ahead with their ludicrous $2.7 Billion Gabba redevelopment.
This is devastating news for the local community and for the many thousands of parents, teachers and students at the school, who are committed to fighting for the school.
How can you help?
Parents, community members and supporters have banded together and kicked off a campaign to say: this growing neighbourhood needs its school.
- Sign up to help with letterboxing, doorknocking and upcoming events
- Sign the change.org petition
- Follow the East Brisbane State School P&C on facebook
- Email the government here to say that $2.7 Billion should be put into things Queenslanders actually need: healthcare, housing and education.
- Head to rethinkthegabba.org to follow the community campaign.
- See the parliamentary petition that closed in Septmeber 2023.
- Sign up here to stay updated on the campaign and to host one of our beautiful yard signs